Where is Walhachin, B.C.?
The small town of Walhachin lies between Kamloops and Cache Creek on the south side of the Thompson River.
The community was established in 1909 by Charles Barnes and English settlers with the dream of building an orchard community along the banks of the Thompson River.
The name of the town means "Land of the Round Rock" in the Nlaka'pamux (Thompson) language, but a pamphlet distributed in England to entice settlers interpreted it to mean "Bountiful Valley".
Copyright Davenport Maps Ltd.